Sunday 28 July 2013

BACK IN TIME (chapter three)

CHAPTER 3




When I woke, I was in my bed. I checked the date on my calendar. It was the day before my Dad, Steph, Sally and I went to the hospital to discover that my mom was murdered. Without thinking, I hopped out of bed and flung open the door. I felt like a thousand needles had just burst into my arm, I let out a small cry.

"Jake, you okay up there!" My dad hollered up the stairs.

"Yeah. "I hollered back.

But I was actually thinking... how will I dart out the door and turn off alarm system without him noticing... eh, I`ll cross that bridge when I get to it. I trotted down the stairs, and when my dad saw me he froze dead in his tracks.

"Jake, how did you get all of the hair, and how did you grow four inches, and why do you have those long cuts down your arm?!" My dad now looked liked he was going to faint. "Jake, I`m taking you to the hospital." "But, dad, non, I-I don`t need ... wait, actually, now that I come think about it, that seems like a good idea."

Once we arrived at the hospital, my dad asked me a question that really surprised me. He asked this... "Jake, please tell me the truth... are the cuts on your arm an act of suicide?" My dad and I stared at each other for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, one minute, two minutes, and finally I replied with: :It`s a long story."

I was at the front desk before dad, so I told the woman at the front desk that me and my dad (Pointing at him walking through the front doors) needed to see Dena sketchers.

My dad heard that last part and shot me one of those what-are-you-up-to-now looks, and I replied "It`s a long story." Before he could say anything to the secretary, she said "Follow me." and we were off to see my mom.

My mom looked like she was healthyer than me, and she was still in the hospital. She was aurguing with the man who had informed us that our mom was murdered. I ran over to mom and hugged her. "Jake, what brought you here, and..." A sudden look of panic washed over her face. "... how did you grow four inches since yesterday, and how did you get all the..."

"It`s a long story." I replied to her. I turned around, and I saw to nurses staring at my arm, there jaws hung open in awe. "Um, hi, what's your name?" One of them said.

"Jake" I replied.

"Okay, well, um, Jake, we are going to need to fix up that arm of yours."

"That is a very good idea." I responded.

"Okay then, follow me." One of the nurses lead me into the room that was across from mom. She got me to lay down in the bed, got some disposable gloves, and said: "Now let`s take a look."

After she was done inspecting my arm, she asked: "So, Jake, when did this dog bite you?"

"About a day ago." I replied

"What kind of dog was it?"

German Shepard." I said

"Was it a young puppy, or a fully grown dog, or a...?"

"Fully grown." I responded.

"Okay, you are going to have to stay here overnight." Said the nurse. Wow, my luck just keeps getting better and better. I thought.

1 comment:

  1. I was excited to find this website. I need to to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you bookmarked to see new stuff in your web site. craigslist san diego

    ReplyDelete